Good morning girlies. I miss you. Mom and Dad are still here. We've been busy with fun projects and running here and there. It's been a good week. I wanted to take a minute and share a recipe with you that I found in my April Issue of Oxygen. It's Curry and Ginger Butternut Squash Soup.
I have to tell you that I'm a huge soup fan. Love all kinds...especially anything creamy. Despite it's texture this recipe is super healthy and perfect for a chilly winter day. If you love a little spice, this one's for you.
1 butternut squash
4 cups water
2 tbsp canola oil or to lighten the recipe just use 2 tsp
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place face down in a baking pan with water. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Let cool....save water it was cooked in.
2. Heat oil in pan in large skillet or soup pot...add onion and garlic and saute until golden. Stir in curry powder, ginger and salt and pepper. Simmer on low for a few minutes.
3. Pour the squash water into the skillet and heat. Scoop out cooled squash flesh and add to the skillet. Remove from heat and let cool. When it's room temperature puree all of it in a blender or food processor with the broth. Serve.
So to join in the linky party. Just grab my button, link to a recipe post and let's Feed Our Families:)
I'm posting at Beautifully Rooted today. I hope you come over and read my post called "Are you a visionary??";)
Have a blessed day.
439. projects getting done
440. time with mom and dad
441. flipflops in february
442. meeting my new neighbor..miss jane
443. finding an awesome antique mall;)